Vlora is the second port of the country and one of the largest and most important cities of Albania. The distance from the capital of the country is about 130 km and 120 km from the International Airport “Mother Teresa”. This dates back to antiquity since the thirteenth century. VI p.e.s. with the name Aulona. In the city center, near the Flag Square, fragments of the massive surrounding walls of Aulona have been discovered. In 1081 this city fell under Norman rule. In the 14th century it was included in the “Kingdom of Arberia” under the leadership of Balshajve (Balsha’s Principle). In 1417 it was conquered by the Ottomans.
In 1812 the city fell to the hands of Ali Pasha Tepelena and a century later, on 28 November 1912, became the first capital of independent Albania, with the government headed by Ismail Qemali. Objects of interest in the city of Vlora are the museum of “Independence” (raised in the former headquarters of the first government), that of “History”, and “Ethnography”. Among the religious sites, it is worth mentioning the mosque of Muradies was built in 1542 by the chief architect of the Ottoman Empire Mimar Sinani (architect Sinani), who was of native origin. This mosque is the only remaining work in Albania for its part.
On a dominant hill above the town lies the religious point of “Kuzum Babai” object of the Bektashi sect. From here offers a beautiful and magnificent view towards the city of Vlora, Karaburun shady, Sazani island and Narta lagoon. Here are also nice bars and restaurants.